What We Believe
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons-Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are the supreme and final authority by which all human opinions, creeds, or conducts shall be tried and judged
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born to the Virgin Mary, and is both true God and true man
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned, thereby incurred not only physical death, but also that spiritual death which is separation from nature and, in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, manifest themselves as sinners in thought, word and deed
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of his precious blood shed on Calvary's cross
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has ascended into heaven and ever lives to intercede for us as our High Priest
- We believe in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, the personal, return of our Lord and Savior
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, those who have done good unto the resurrection of life and those who have done evil unto the resurrection of damnation
- We believe that all who received by faith the Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord are born again of the Holy Spirit and have become children of God and members of the body of Christ. We desire to have fellowship with all those who are born again and who love
to praise his Holy Name. We must fellowship with our brothers and sisters who do not believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit and have not as yet received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit
- We believe that the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a second experience subsequent to salvation for believers who have already been born again. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit anoints the child of God with power to witness and with supernatural strength to live the resurrected life. We believe that all the gifts of the Holy Spirit should be operating and working in each local church today, even as they did in the early church. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever
We are called to a life of service just as our Lord Jesus Christ.
We are called to be lifelong learners. We seek to receive input & training from others as we increase in the knowledge & character of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Our “talk” should match our “walk,” with the goal being to model true Christianity.
Any leader should strive to personify the leadership methods of Jesus and build up others around him.
We strive to do ministry as a team respecting the various giftings, roles, and personalities of the whole team.
We strive to walk in unity, bearing with one another in love.
We want to stay in relentless pursuit of God’s presence in our life, striving to apply God’s word to our life, yielding and nurturing the fruit of the Spirit.
All of us work to honor other Churches, Pastors, and the work that they do. We will not be involved with gossip concerning other Churches in our community and in fact will speak blessings.
We strive to do things that not only build Crescent Lake but will build the Kingdom of God in our community and in our world.